Thursday, February 16, 2012

This Heat - Made Available (Peel Sessions)



My This Heat obsession continues, I am convinced that they are, indeed, the greatest band of all time. These are the sessions they did for John Peel. Get lost in this world, for there is nothing as singular in nearly all of music as these guys. Plus, 'Not Waving' and 'Fall of Saigon' are just utterly compelling, timeless tunes that will  live on in the unchartered depths of your psyche.


Yes I will go out there
Out there where I know you cannot find me
I held on to the steel rail – too long now
I know I must let go
Here I am in the ocean
Not waving but drowning
Just a nervous reaction
Please don't rescue me


So cold I can't feel my toes
Oh let them go, who needs them?
Circulation stand-still
H2O can freeze you to the marrow
Learn to love the water
It will love you like there's no tomorrow


there is no tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment