Saturday, June 18, 2011

Theredsunband - The Shiralee


Theredsunband was a band I stumbled upon quite randomly. I was wandering through Australia at a very hazy, melancholic phase in my life, and happened to see them perform at the Oxford in Sydney, only word of mouth leading me into them ( I'd previously heard that they resembled Mazzy Star, so I was sold fairly easily, I should say). They were touring at the time in support of their new record - The Shiralee. Well, suffice it to say it was an enchanting evening, I've been enamored with them ever since.


Their brand of dream pop/garage rock, lazy, breezy and introspective seems perfect for what I look for here. It's a pretty personal record, they've stepped up the songwriting since their debut; and the mid-end section of the album is flawless. Also contains an amazing cover of Bill Callahan's 'Bathysphere'. Hope y'all dig it as much as I do.

you were already gone, i just heard the echo

No comments:

Post a Comment